Welcome to Ability Forums!

Become part of our inclusive community for people with disabilities, their parents, caregivers, advocates, and special education teachers.

SignUp Now!

Autism Spectrum Top 10 Sensory Toys

Virgo93

I thought that I would share a list of some sensory toys that my son really likes. I wrote them down in no particular order. Please feel free to share your favorite sensory toys! :D

Crazy Aaron's Glow Thinking Putty Let it Glow – The Children's Gift Shop
1. Crazy Aarons Thinking Putty - I really love this stuff and it has been around for a while. It is a little pricey but it is also great because it does not dry up. They sell it in a variety of different colors and my favorite is the magnetic and color changing putties.
Silicone Sponge Dish Washing Kitchen Scrubber - Magic Food-Grade Antibacterial Dishes Multipurpose Better Sponges Non Stick Cleaning Mildew-Free Smart Kitchen Gadgets Brush Accessories, 3ct
2. Silicone Kitchen Sponges - Okay so this one is a bit strange but trust me, IT'S AWESOME! I think that I love these sponges more than my son does. They are soft to play with and flexible. Best of all, the are super easy to disinfect and clean.
3. Moon Sand - Super fun to play with. A bit messy but it is easy to contain, hands stay clean, and kids can build with it.
1617989499645.png
4. Bristle Blocks - I loved these things as a kid. Super fun to play with, easy to focus on, and a great way to work on fine and gross motor skills.
1617989765585.png
5. Sensory Bins - I found this super cute outer space sensory bin but you can even make them on your own with rice etc. or find one on Etsy.
space1.PNG
6. Pea Poppers - Super super cute! They have lots of cute faces.
pea.PNG
7. Keyring Poppers - I have had one of these on my purse for months now. I find myself playing with it half the time :p A little pricey if you can swing it.
pop.PNG
8. Water Wiggle Tubes - A fidget toy classic! You can find a lot of them sold with glitter, small animals, and plastic beads.
1618014874564.png
9. Infinite Fidget Cube - Fun for kids and adults. Fold to infinity and beyond!
1618015238659.png
10. Squishy Animal Pets - Sooo cute an fun to play with! These have been really popular with kids.
squish.PNG

brainchild01

Love this! My nephew has a little collection of the squishy animal toys and loves them. Thanks for sharing!

Clover

Thanks for sharing! Crazy Aarons thinking putty used to be one of my favorites in my classroom until Covid hit and now the only thing that we care about is germs. 😖