Welcome to Ability Forums!

Become part of our inclusive community for people with disabilities, their parents, caregivers, advocates, and special education teachers.

SignUp Now!

Autism Spectrum Looking for a school

harper91

I am looking for a private school for my son to attend in New Jersey. He is in 7th grade and is on the spectrum (mild).
I have looked at a couple of schools online but I wanted some feedback if you know of any or if you have any advice. With Covid and everything, I have not been able to tour the schools like I would like. Any recommendations? Advice?

tundrabear

I no longer live in New Jersey but I know of a few different schools. I would not recommend the Newgrange School. The last time that I checked it was not tat great, unless things have changed. You could take a look a look at the YALE School, they have a really solid reputation from my understanding. If you are open to looking outside of NJ, I know that there are a few school in Bucks county that might be worth looking into. Good luck and let us know how things pan out in your search. Best - Caitlyn

harper91

I no longer live in New Jersey but I know of a few different schools. I would not recommend the Newgrange School. The last time that I checked it was not tat great, unless things have changed. You could take a look a look at the YALE School, they have a really solid reputation from my understanding. If you are open to looking outside of NJ, I know that there are a few school in Bucks county that might be worth looking into. Good luck and let us know how things pan out in your search. Best - Caitlyn
Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely keep what you recommended in mind.