Welcome to Ability Forums!

Become part of our inclusive community for people with disabilities, their parents, caregivers, advocates, and special education teachers.

SignUp Now!

back to school

MissNancy

How are you preparing your kids to go back to school in the fall? I know that some schools have already started back, my daughter's starts back in two week. I found this past school year to be extra frustrating with COVID and all. We had a lot of transportation issues with her district... there were no consistent bus drivers and for a child that uses a wheelchair lift... it was just a lot. Not to mention all of the time spent out of the school building due to springs in COVID cases. Fingers crossed, I am praying for a smooth school year 😔

harper91

How are you preparing your kids to go back to school in the fall? I know that some schools have already started back, my daughter's starts back in two week. I found this past school year to be extra frustrating with COVID and all. We had a lot of transportation issues with her district... there were no consistent bus drivers and for a child that uses a wheelchair lift... it was just a lot. Not to mention all of the time spent out of the school building due to springs in COVID cases. Fingers crossed, I am praying for a smooth school year 😔
Hey Nancy,
Luckily we did not encounter too many disruptions this past school year with my son (THANK GOODNESS!).
As far as preparing my son for going back to school in a week, I have been getting him back into the routine of waking up earlier. My son thrives on routine and so it is really important to get him used to the time changes. Getting him out of the house in the morning can be my biggest challenge.
Good luck!

keithh750

I took my two foster sons to Target this past weekend and let them pick out their own new school supplies. My boys are pretty good with going back to school and both are pretty excited to go back. I think that I will feel relieved to have them back in school lol. It has been a whirlwind keeping them occupied over the summer lol