Welcome to Ability Forums!

Become part of our inclusive community for people with disabilities, their parents, caregivers, advocates, and special education teachers.

SignUp Now!

Learning DisAbilities Adulting and ADHD

NewHaven

It seems that people only seem to focus on kids with ADHD being overly medicated blah blah blah.
A lot of what is forgotten is that those kids grow up and become adults lol.... adults with ADHD. I am one of them. Let's talk about it.
I will go first. I think that what I struggle with most as an adult is organization and general time management. I only ever seem to think in clusters and I always jump from one thing to the next. I am used to it but it can be frustrating at times. I also seem to be pretty forgetful of time; I can't predict how long something will take, how frequently I will get distracted during any given time, and I often lose track of appointments and meetings. On any given day, I am usually late for work unless I make a diligent effort to do something before I show up for work.
How is your ADHD as an adult?

latika20

I just shared this on another thread but I will leave it here too. I really like this lady on Youtube. Her whole channel is devoted to ADHD in adulthood. Hope this helps